UK Visitor Visas are required by many foreigners who wish to enter the UK for short stays. Whether you need a visitor visa depends on your nationality, the purpose of your visit and how long you need to stay. The UK Visitor Visa category includes a number of specific visitor visas that allow people to holiday, visit family, get married, study a short course, sit the PLAB as well as many other purposes.
United Kingdom consists of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales located in the northern part of Europe. UK offers wide range of holiday options to visitors. It has rich cultural heritage and each country has its own unique and distinct history with most visited historical sites across the world, by millions of people every year.
Generally Visitor Visas are valid for 6 months. In some cases, they can be issued for longer periods such as 1, 2, 5 or 10 years. However, those with longer term visas can still only stay in the UK for periods of six months at a time, other than Academic Visitors and parents of children at school.
Types of UK Visitor Visa
- Family Visitor visa
- General Visitor visa
- Child Visitor visa
- Business Visitor visa, including visas for academics, doctors and dentists
- Sports Visitor visa
- Entertainer Visitor visa
- Prospective Entrepreneur visa
- Private Medical Treatment Visitor visa
- Approved Destination Status (ADS) visa
A Tourist Visitor visa allows individuals to travel in the UK for up to 6 months at a time either for leisure, for business or to receive private medical treatment.
An individual who wishes to travel to the UK to visit family members and relatives settled in the UK.
For individuals who intend to visit the UK for a short period of time to take part in cultural activities and events like musical competitions, charity events and art festivals.
An individual who is employed in another country and wishes to visit the UK for a short period of time and engage in business related activities is entitled to apply in the capacity of a business visitor.
Medical Treatment Visa
For those who are seeking medical treatment from a private medical practitioner.
An ideal class of visa for those wishing to visit for a short period of time to meet friends, relatives or for tourism.
A Marriage Visitor visa allows couples to travel to the UK up to six (6) months to get married.
A Child Visitor visa is specifically for those under 18 years to meet family and friends in the UK for up to six months.
This type of visa is suitable for those entering the UK for a short time to take part in certain sporting events.
To apply for the UK visa the following eligibility criteria should be met:
- Applicant must leave the UK at the end of their visit
- Applicants must prove that they possess sufficient funds to support themselves and their family for the entire period of their visit.
- Applicant must able to pay for their return or onward journey and any other costs relating to their visit
- Applicants must not intend to seek or undertake a job.
- Applicants should have no criminal record and intend to strictly comply with the laws of the country.
- Applicants who might stay either with their relatives or friends should also provide invitation letters from their sponsor.
- Applicants from certain countries may need a temporary resident visa.
- you may need to meet certain more entry requirements based on your profile.
Short Term (General Visitor, Business Visitor, Family Visitor) – Up to 6 months - INR 7395
Visa fee should be paid through online only.
Documents for UK Visitor Visa
Application for United Kingdom visitor visa is online. On completing the form you need to select submission date and need to submit complete application with visa fees.
- Passport valid for a minimum of 180 days with at least two blank pages.
- Correct visa fee.
- Two recent 50 mm * 50 mm size photographs.
- Birth Certificate of the applicant
- Sponsorship Letter / Invitation letter/Travel Itinerary
- Finance – Bank statements and Investment showing ability to manage living cost
- Financial stability of the Host and their visa status
- Employment /Business documents
- Purpose of travel
- Income Proof, tax payments and property ownership of applicant
- Accommodation and Flight bookings (if applicable)
Depending upon the visitor type, document will vary besides the basic requirements.
The process time is 3 to 4 weeks after submission of documents in VFS.
- Advising you on the best strategy to get your visa
- Advising you on how to present your case so the chances of a personal interview is minimized
- Advising you on finances to be shown
- Advising you on documents to be presented
- Filling of forms
- Review of all your documentation
- Booking your visa interview date, (if required)
- Interview preparation
Why Choose PIOUS
1. We are the established Market Leaders in overseas careers with company owned and operated branch in your city. We do not have franchisees. Most of our customers come to us through word of mouth which we built based on trust and quality over the years.
2. We are a one stop shop for all your overseas career needs.
3. You get the benefit from our deep and extensive knowledge base which we have accumulated from processing thousands of cases similar to yours.
4. We are system driven and have transparent processes and costs. We conduct business in good faith and you will notice that our agreements are fair and reasonable.
5. We help you search for a job and settle down.
6. We have the best consultants in the market who are competent, committed and experienced. You will notice this yourself.
7. We are competitively priced and offer flexible payment options and charge on a success fee basis. If we don’t deliver, we refund.
For more details please Contact Us.