- WHY STUDY IN UK
- COURSE OFFERED
- DURATION OF COURCE
- ACADEMIC REQUIREMENT
- APPLICATION PROCEDURE
- DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR UK
- TEST REQUIREMENT
- COST OF STUDY IN U.K
- WORK RIGHTS
- UK MAP
- SERVICES OFFERED BY PIOUS
- UNIVERSITY LIST
The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland is more commonly referred to as the United Kingdom (UK), Great Britain (GB), or simply, Britain. It consists of four individual countries namely, England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. The UK is considered to be one of most developed countries in the world and has the fifth-largest economy by nominal GDP. The United Kingdom is a permanent member of the United Nations Security Council, and is a member state of the European Union as well. The UK is a great power with a global say in matters related to cultural, economic, scientific, political and military affairs. The UK is a warm and friendly international destination that welcomes and provides countless opportunities for people from various cultures and backgrounds.
With an excellent higher-education system and hundreds of world-class universities, the UK promises a rich experience for international students. Study UK resource is intended to help you learn more about studying in the UK as an international student, and includes sections on choosing the UK as a destination, choosing a location within the UK, learning more about the country, its history and culture, and adapting to life in your adopted country.
The colonial history of UK has made a multi-cultural society in the country since it has been subject to a multitude of international influences and influxes of people. The country has a significant place in the map of global literature, arts and sculpture. There are four distinct seasons to the UK; summer, winter, spring and autumn. Generally UK has a cold, wet and dreary weather. During the summer months, days are long (the sun generally rises at 4 am and will set at 9 or 10 pm at night) and one can expect warmer temperatures.
The UK is highly advanced nation with excellent infrastructure sector and has a very good public transport system, with an extensive network of buses, planes and trains which simplify travelling. Low cost airlines facilitate an easiest option for travel in the UK and throughout most of Europe. Underground or tram system is a cheapest and cost effective means of transport at metropolitan area.
Geography & Climate: There are four distinct seasons, Winter, Spring, Summer, and Autumn. On the whole, it is fairly temperate, and temperatures rarely fall below –5°C and rises above 32°C. The climate is mild and the rainfall is not spectacular. The least hospitable months for visitors are November through February - its cold and the days are short. March and October are marginal - there's more daylight but it can still be very cold. April to September are undoubtedly the best months.
Major Cities: The major cities are London, Edinburgh, Birmingham, Manchester, Sheffield, Newcastle , Belfast, Cardiff and Glasgow.
- British Education is famous for its academic excellence.
- British Standards are among the highest in the World. It is distinctive, diverse and flexible.
- Students are legally allowed to work part-time during the studies.
- Indian 3-year degree is acceptable directly for Masters programs.
- No GRE/GMAT/ SAT required.
- Admission is possible in some institutions without TOEFL/ IELTS also.
- In UK all Masters courses are of 1 year and all Bachelors courses are of 3 years, unlike other Countries where Masters are of 2 years and Bachelors of 4 years.
- Excellent post qualification prospects.
WHY STUDY IN UK
The UK has become one of the top destinations to study around the world. With traditions of excellence dating back hundreds of years, high class institutions in every corner and much more flexibility than many other countries, the United Kingdom has much to offer international students that other English-speaking countries cannot offer.
Here are some other factors that entice students to study in the UK.
- Universally recognized education
- High emphasis on scientific research
- Flexibility to pick and choose subjects that suit the student’s career aspirations.
- Opportunity to be taught by some of the world’s leading academicians.
- Excellent support for international students
- Exposure to a multiple cultures and opportunity to interact with people from varied backgrounds.
- Visa requirements for students are not very stringent.
- Attracting different nationalities.
- Vast experience of hundred’s of years.
- Value for money.
- Shorter & more intensive courses.
- Popular destination for Indian students.
- More than 150 Universities to choose from.
- Offer broad spectrum of subjects.
- Easy Admission Procedure & Visa
- Intakes in Sept & Jan.
- World class qualification
- Large areas of Specialization
- Full time job during holidays.
- Scholarships and Bursaries.
- Free Health care by NHS.
- Student discount facilities.
- Few Universities can offering Intake in April and November
The United Kingdom offers a wide variety of courses covering numerous subjects in both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. The courses available
- Professional/Vocational Qualification
- Foundation Degree
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Bachelor’s Degree with Honours
- Master’s Degree
- Doctorate Degree
- Conversion Course
The most popular courses for Indian students in UK are in the postgraduate levels such as MBA, MS in Computing, engineering, Law, Arts, Literature etc. (It is a fact that most of the Top and popular universities insist about 2-3 years of post qualification experience in the managerial level for direct admission to MBA programs)
DURATION OF COURCE
British Degree courses tend to be shorter than those in other countries, which save student’s time & money. Although annual course fees in UK may be higher compared to course of equivalent course in Australia or U.S, but most courses here are shorter in duration and hence more economical. Most UK undergraduate degrees take only 3 years and most Master degrees can be completed in just one year.
Under graduate Programs - 3 to 4 years
Post graduate Programs - 1 to 1.5 or 2 years.
The syllabus or curriculum is that of usual course degrees; the coaching and guidance are just more intensive and result oriented. This is a highly cost effective approach where students are permitted to work 20 hours per week during the course in shorter period of time and save on both tuition and living costs. The shorter study period also means they are able to start on a career earlier and become financially independent.
For postgraduate programs, most of the good universities ask for a first class or high second class. In the undergraduate level most of the good universities look for a 60 % or higher. There are many students who have been admitted to colleges at UK with a second-class degree. But in independent colleges, there are no such rigid mark restrictions and any degree would be accepted. There are cases where significant work experience is considering lieu to a Bachelor’s degree.
Most universities have set their own academic requirements for each course available on its premises. Apart from these, students are also required to provide proof of their proficiency in the English language, buy way of an IELTS/TOEFL score, or an equivalent.
The IELTS score requirement varies depending on the level of the course being applied for:
- Diploma Program: 5.0
- Undergraduate Program: 6.0
- Postgraduate Program: 6.0 to 6.5
To be assured of obtaining the best quality advice about the opportunities available for studying in UK, students should register with The POEC. After registration, students will be carefully guided through a number of key stages, maximising their chances of getting admission in the institutions of their choice. This is how we, at The POEC, work on the UK admissions process.
RegistrationYou register with The POEC and be assured of obtaining the best quality advice.
ProfilingWe make an assessment of your academic qualifications, work experience, financial status, career goals as well as life interests and aspirations.
Standardised TestsWe evaluate the requirement of any standardised tests you may need to take or review results that has been already obtained.
University/Course SelectionTogether, we shortlist potential universities and courses that match your profile.
Document EditingWe edit the essays, Statement of Purpose, Letters of Recommendation and Resume, which have been written by you.
Application Review and SubmissionThe completed application forms are reviewed before they are submitted to your final choice of universities.
Interview PreparationWe assist in preparation (including mock sessions) for the interviews that you may have with the chosen universities.
Visa CounsellingWe assist in preparation (including mock sessions) for the interviews that you may have with the High Commissions or Embassies, as well as the collation and review of relevant documentation for submission of the visa application.
Pre-Departure InformationWe deliver comprehensive information about the country of choice to ensure that you are completely prepared for life at an overseas university.
Contact us to know more about the UK admissions process.
DOCUMENT REQUIRED FOR UK
Here is a list of documents required for UK:
- Attested copies of X, XII & Graduate Degree (if applicable), Mark Sheets including Backlogs (Re-sits)
- Evidence of English Language proficiency e.g. IELTS, TOEFL, etc.
- Standardised Tests e.g. GMAT, GRE (where necessary for the programme)
- Two academic references
- Two references from employers (where applicable)
- Passport sized photographs
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Draft for application fees, if applicable
- Portfolio (for Art, Design & Architecture programme)
- Other Certificates & Achievements of Extracurricular Activities
Note: Documents required for individual universities and individual courses in the UK may vary.
Students have to pass one or more additional tests before they can be considered by most universities for admission. These range from the standardised graduate and college admission tests such as GRE, GMAT and SAT to English Language tests, such as TOEFL and IELTS.
- Under graduate : 6.0 to 7.0 in IELTS (UKVI) or TOEFL IBT 90
- Post graduate : 6.0 to 6.5 in IELTS (UKVI) or TOEFL IBT90
- CBSE, Internation Students with good score in English may be eligible for IELTS Waiver in Unerversity
THE POEC offers high quality Test Prep programmes. It offers students preparatory training on the full range of admissions tests that universities need. Contact The POEC today for detailed information relating to the tests that may be needed for admission in the United Kingdom.
COST OF STUDY IN UK
Cost of Education & Living:
The cost of education in U.K. isbetween £10000-12000 per year for Undergraduate Courses and
between £9000-13000 for Post-Graduate Courses.
Doctoral Degree: £13, 000 per annum
Note: These figures vary from one institution to another and one could pay up to double the amount listed above in a leading UK University.
The cost of living is approximately £6000–7500 per year, this covers all the living expenses; including accommodation, food, travel, books, clothes and entertainment.
Students are allowed to work up to 20 hours per week during the course of the academic term. They can extend this to 40 hours per week when the college is on vacation. The spouses of students who have enrolled in Masters Programs get full time work permits.
Some universities partner with industries and offer students internships and hands-on training as part of their course curriculum. The United Kingdom does have some restrictions on post-study work permits. However, if students are able to secure a job with a salary offer of at least 20,600 GBP, they are eligible to apply for a work permit, providing all other criteria are met.
maps below will help you locate the UK’s major cities and will show you how the UK divides up into England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. Each country is then further divided into counties.
SERVICES OFFERED BY PIOUS
Services Offered By Pious Overseas Education Consultancy
- We provide only government affiliated Universities and college with stronger accreditation.
- We provide wide variety of choice of selection of course ,colleges and universities, also assistance in Application deadlines ,tuition fees , institute codes, address etc...
- We provide sincere efforts to earn scholarship and credits.
- We provide guidance on how to prepare resume, Sop, Interview Preparation, Recommendation letters, Financial requirements i.e. bank statement format, Affidavit of Support , how to get the job. etc
- We provide proper documentation for application to universities and Student Visa.
- Filling and submitting relevant On-line forms/Paper Application
- We provide latest updates on visas and consulate rules.
- We provide accurate information related to finance.
- We provide strong visa interview preparations.
- Assistance in Registration of visa interview date for a candidate.
- One-to one visa interview preparation by expert.
- We specialize in filling visa forms and arranging visa files. Assistance in Resettlement.
Note:- Pious Overseas Provides all kind of facilities for students like Finance Assistance, Education Loan, Money Exchange, Issuing of Demand Draft of Tuition Fee, Air Ticket, Air port Pick up, Accommodation etc............ ( All Facility under one roof ).
UNIVERSITY TIE UP’s IN UK
• University of Surrey, Surrey. • Heriot Watt University, Edinburgh. • University of Birmingham, Birmingham. • University of Leicester, Leicester. • University of Glasgow, Glasgow, Scotland. • Coventry University, Coventry and London. • Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne and London. • Queen Mary, University of London. • INTO City University, London. • Oxford Brookes University, Oxford. • University of Northampton, Northampton. • University of Liverpool, Liverpool and London. • Queen's University Belfast, Belfast. • University of Essex, Colchester. • University of Huddersfield ,Huddersfield. • Northumbria University, Newcastle and London. • University of Chester, Chester • University of Stirling,Stirling and London • University of Lincoln, Lincoln. • University of Central Lancashire, Preston. • Plymouth University, Devon. • INTO Manchester Metropolitan University, Manchester. • Sheffield Hallam University, Sheffield. • INTO Gloucestershire, Gloucestershire • University of Sunderland, Sunderland • University of Hult, London • Edinburgh Napier University, Edinburgh, Scotland. • Bangor University, Bangor and London. • University of Bradford, Bradford. • De Mont fort University , Leicester • Anglia Ruskin University, Chelmsford • Leeds Beckett University, Leeds • Middlesex University, London. • University of Greenwich, London. • Birmingham City University, Birmingham. • York's John University, York • Staffordshire University, Stoke ‐ on – Trent. • Glasgow Caledonian University, Glasgow • University of Ulster ( London and Birmingham Campus ) • University of Westminster, London. • University of Hertfordshire , Hertfordshire • Cardiff Metropolitan University, Cardiff. • Roehampton University, London • University of South Wales, Pontypridd . • University of East London, London • London South Bank University, London. • University of Bedfordshire, Luton. • London Metropolitan University, London. • Liverpool Hope University, Liverpool • University of Wolverhampton , Wolverhampton . • Le Cordon Bleu,London • Aberystwyth University,Wales
For Foundation, Diploma & Pre‐Masters Courses:
Kaplan International Colleges. Partner Universities: • University of Glasgow • City University London • University of Sheffield • Bournemouth University • University of Liverpool • UWE Bristol • Nottingham Trent University • University of Westminster • Cranfield University • University of York For Foundation, Diploma & Pre‐Masters Courses: Kaplan International Colleges. Partner Universities: • University of Birmingham • University of Aberdeen • University of Brighton • University of Salford For Foundation, Diploma & Pre‐Masters Courses: INTO Partner Universities: • University of Exeter • Newcastle University • University of Manchester • City University • University of Gloucestershire • Manchester Metropolitan University • Glasgow Caledonian University • St. George University • East Anglia University • University of Stirling For Foundation, Diploma & Pre‐Masters Courses: Navitas Group Partner Universities: • Brunel University • University of Portsmouth • Robert Gordon University • Plymouth University • Swansea University • Birmingham City University • Anglia Ruskin University • University of Hertfordshire • Edinburgh Napier University For Foundation, Diploma & Pre‐Masters Courses: Study Group Partner Universities: • University of Surrey • University of Lancaster • University of Leicester • University of Strathclyde • University of Leeds • Royal Holloway University • University of Huddersfield • Imperial College London • Instituto Marangoni For Foundation, Diploma & Pre‐Masters Courses: Study Group Partner Universities: • Keele University • University of Sussex • University of Lincoln • Liverpool John Moores University • Kingston University • Leeds Metropolitan University • Bellerby’s College • Coventry University • University of Sheffield For Foundation, Diploma & Pre‐Masters Courses: Cambridge Education Group Partner Universities: • Coventry University • Queen Mary University of London • University of Sunderland, Sunderland • University of Central Lancashire • Kingston University • London South Bank University, London • Birkbeck University of London • Goldsmiths University of London • Royal Holloway University of London