- WHY STUDY IN POLAND
- POLAND EDUCATION SYSTEM
- APPLICATION PROCEDURE
- INSTITUTES IN POLAND
- SERVICES OFFERED BY PIOUS
- POLAND MAP
- Official name:
Republic of Poland /Rzeczpospolita Polska (short form: Poland/ Polska)
- Government type:
- Border countries:
Belarus 416 km, Czech Republic 790 km, Germany 467 km, Lithuania 103 km, Russia (Kaliningrad Oblast) 210 km, Slovakia 541 km, Ukraine 529 km
- Capital city:
- Major cities:
Gdansk, Krakow, Lodz, Poznan, Wroclaw, Lublin, Bialystok
Around 38 million inhabitants
- Economy :
Since last 15 years Polish GDP grows rapidly, with an average rate of 5% per year. The inflation rate is low and the wages have grown in a yearly rate of 15% for the past two years.
- Safety :
The crime rate in Poland is much lower than in EU countries, and significantly lower than in the USA. This applies to most kinds of crime, including murders, car theft, rapes and robberies. The safety level is high.
Temperate with cold, cloudy, moderately severe winters with frequent precipitation; mild summers with frequent showers and thundershowers
- Spring from March to May (approx -1 to +20C)
- Summer from June to August (+20 C to 30 C)
- Autumn from September to December (+5 to 20C)
- Winter from December to February (-15 to 0 C)
- Local time:
GMT + 1 hr
- Member of the European Union:
Roman Catholic 89,8%, Eastern Orthodox 1,3%, Protestant 0,3%, other 0,3%, unspecified 8.3%
- Currency Type :
- Enter in Schengen Country :
WHY STUDY IN POLAND
Polish universities offer high quality studies and are an integral part of the European education space. All leading universities offer programmes thought in English, these include Medicine, Engineering, Humanities, Business and Finance. Thanks to the ECTS (European Credit Transfer System) students can be fully mobile, and continue education in other countries.
Non-EU citizens enrolled as regular, full-time studies in Poland are allowed to work full time in vacation and part time while studying.
International students are allowed to work 20 Hr per Week on a student visa basis only. Students who have residence permits in Poland are entitled to work without authorization.
The student visa is valid for no longer than 12 months. The visa allows to stay in Poland and for the first three months also to visit the other Schengen Agreement member countries. The prolongation of visa may occur only in exceptional circumstances.
The general rule is, in the case of the planned extension of the period of stay in Poland over the period specified in the visa, to apply for residence permit.
In order to acquire the permit, international students must have a valid health insurance policy and enough money to cover the costs of stay and return travel ticket to the country of origin. All international students must apply for a temporary residence certificate within 3 days from the date of crossing the Polish border. In order to apply, it's necessary to visit the local Population Registry Bureau in the Municipal Office.
POLAND EDUCATION SYSTEM
The structure of studies
Since 2007/2008 academic year Polish higher education system has been divided to three stages, which are: Bachelor (Licencjat, Inżynier), Master (Magister), and Doctor (Doktor). This system applies to all fields of education except Law, Pharmacy, Psychology, Veterinary Medicine, Medicine and Dentistry, which are still based on two-stage system (Master and Doctor).
• Bachelor (BA, Licencjat)
Obtained following the completion of 3-3.5 year-long vocational/technical college studies
• Bachelor (BSc, Inżynier)
Obtained following the completion of 3.5-4 year-long college studies in technical Sciences, Agriculture and Economy.
• Master (MA, MSc, Magister)
Equivalent degrees: Master of Art, Master Engineer, Master Engineer Architect, Qualified Physician, Dental Surgeon or Veterinarian. Granted following the completion of 5-6 year long uniform University studies. The MSc may also be obtained following the completion of 2-2.5 years-long supplementary Master's degree studies which may be taken by persons with a college Diploma.
• Doctor (PhD, Doktor)
A degree awarded to those who pass Doctoral exam and successfully defend dissertation. To qualify for the academic Degree of Doctor one must hold a Master or equivalent degree.
- Updated CV
- Satement of Purpose (SOP)
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- 10th 12 th std. Mark-sheets
- Semester-wise Mark-heets of Bachelor's Degree / Transcripts
- Degree Certificate of Provisional Degree Certificate
- Passport Copy – First and Last Page
- Work Experience certificate (if applicable or having more Education gap )
- Passport size photograph (scanned)
- Skype id of the student
DURATION OF COST:
Most of the Universities in Poland offers only Bachelor or Master Degree Program
- Bachelor Degree is usally 3 Years program for full time studies.
- Master Degree is 2 Years program for Full time studies.
- Minimum 12th Pass for Bachelor Degree and,
- Bachelor Degree(3 or 4 yrs ) for applying in Master Degree.
- Two Major intakes first is October and second is in February of running year.
- Process need to be start before three month at-least before beginning of the course start.
PROCESS TIME :
Process time at least for one month for unconditional letter that includes Step wise process like
1. Conditional letter ( At least One week )
2. Process to transfer Application fee and Tuition Fee.( 10 Days approx)
3. Issuing of Unconditional and Accommodation letter for Student visa application. (2-3 Days After receiving Tuition fee payment form University)
4. Interview preparation and Apostle of final Education Mark-sheet or Degree certificate Documents and file preparation (10 Days). certificate Documents and file preparation ( 10 Days ).
COST OF LEAVING
Poland is a country where cost of living is lower than in other countries. Students should remember that average costs are different in each city. Shopping
Shopping centres are available in every bigger town in Poland. Usually, they are open 7 days a week, often from 8.00 to 21.00, although, there are also shops open 24/7. Local shops where you can buy food and fresh products are mostly open from Monday to Friday usually from 7.00 or 8.00 to 18.00 and on Saturday to 14.00 in other cities than Warsaw. They are usually closed on Sundays. Bazaars are very popular in Poland. You can buy fresh fruits and vegetables there, as well as many other items. Bazaars are most frequently open from Monday to Saturday, and are often located at large housing estates. Some examples of average prices per month:
- Rent in a shared flat (or dormitory) - EUR 80-150
- Transportation (in big cities) - EUR 15-20
- Telephone/mobile, Internet, TV – EUR 12- 75 Selected prices
- Bread: EUR 0.50 – 1.50
- Water 1.5l: EUR 1
- Milk: EUR 1
- Coffee: EUR 2 -3 EUR
In the cheapest places you can eat a one-course meal for EUR 2–4, in restaurants of a higher standard you will pay EUR 12 or more for a three-course meal.
Cinema tickets will set you back by EUR 3–7. Theatre, opera or concert tickets are more expensive: about EUR 7–23.
Night life is the most expensive in the capital and in large cities. the entry into a club costs 2.50– 30; you will pay PLN 7–13 for 0.5l of beer and PLN 15–30 for a cocktail.
In Poland, persons aged 18 or above can buy and drink alcohol regardless of its percentage content and cigarettes. It is not allowed to consume alcohol outside designated premises (bars, restaurants and beer gardens).
Smoking in public places such as bus stops – is forbidden. It is permitted to smoke only in designated smoking areas in restaurants.
Entrance to night clubs is allowed to people over 18 years of age although there are also clubs where you have to be over 21.
In some shops in Poland, citizens of non-EU countries can get a refund on VAT (Tax Free procedure). These shops are usually labelled. To get a refund, you must fill out the necessary forms and send them to appropriate institutions. When you return to your country you will receive a refund.
INSTITUTES IN POLAND
|Sr. No.||Institution Name||Location|
|2||Bialystok University of Technology||Bialystok|
|3||University of Lodz||Lodz|
|4||International Business School||Cracow|
|6||University Of Euroregional Economoy (WSGE)||Warsaw (Jozefow)|
SERVICES OFFERED BY PIOUS
Services Offered By Pious Overseas Education Consultancy
- We provide only government affiliated Universities and college with stronger accreditation.
- We provide wide variety of choice of selection of course ,colleges and universities, also assistance in Application deadlines ,tuition fees , institute codes, address etc...
- We provide sincere efforts to earn scholarship and credits.
- We provide guidance on how to prepare resume, Sop, Interview Preparation, Recommendation letters, Financial requirements i.e. bank statement format, Affidavit of Support , how to get the job. etc
- We provide proper documentation for application to universities and Student Visa.
- Filling and submitting relevant On-line forms/Paper Application
- We provide latest updates on visas and consulate rules.
- We provide accurate information related to finance.
- We provide strong visa interview preparations.
- Assistance in Registration of visa interview date for a candidate.
- One-to one visa interview preparation by expert.
- We specialize in filling visa forms and arranging visa files. Assistance in Resettlement.
Note:- Pious Overseas Provides all kind of facilities for students like Finance Assistance, Education Loan, Money Exchange, Issuing of Demand Draft of Tuition Fee, Air Ticket, Air port Pick up, Accommodation etc............ ( All Facility under one roof ).